Interested in youth, creative self-expression, and global community?
About The Clubhouse Network
The Clubhouse Network, a 501c3 non-profit headquartered in Nubian Square, Roxbury, is a global community of more than 100 Clubhouse locations in 20 countries. Founded 26 years ago in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, The Clubhouse Network has a long track record of corporate and foundation support. The Clubhouse Network supports community-based Clubhouses around the world by providing start-up support, professional development, new technology innovations, evaluation and assessment, partnership opportunities, and access to an online community for youth, mentors, and staff. The Clubhouse Network also operates the “Flagship” Clubhouse, a creative out-of-school learning environment where teens work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to increase philanthropic support for The Clubhouse Network.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors, funders and prospects for philanthropic contributions to The Clubhouse Network.
- Develop new corporate partnerships for the purpose of financial support and employee engagement
- Prepare high-quality grant proposals and reports.
- Design an individual giving program including the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Support the Clubhouse Network’s Board involvement in cultivating relationships and advancing development efforts.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and institutional prospects and donors.
- Contribute to the leadership team as a key staff member, and work with program staff to ensure program needs and funder interests are mutually supported.
- Develop and implement effective fundraising appeals (both written and online) and platforms (such as monthly recurring donors) that will lead to sustained and enhanced giving.
- Manage and maintain fundraising system and processes (from gift documentation to reporting), ensuring they are tailored to align with business needs and requirements.
- Plan and execute donor cultivation events.
- Explore the potential for larger scale fundraising events as part of the fundraising strategy, and plan and execute any larger scale events.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in development, with a demonstrated record of success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of commitment to Clubhouse mission, including youth leadership, youth development, social justice action, and racial equity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to influence and lead through collaboration.
- Ability to work and connect with diverse communities, people, and partners, and a commitment to promoting inclusion in all aspects of the work.
- Attention to detail; outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency using MS Office; knowledge of Salesforce or similar platform and experience utilizing technology for fundraising and outreach.
- Spanish language fluency (oral, written) desirable.
This position is full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday – Friday.
Some travel required.
Executive Director, The Clubhouse Network
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, professional development, direct deposit, and much more!
The Clubhouse Network is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. The Clubhouse Network actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please.