About The Clubhouse Network:
The Clubhouse Network, headquartered in Nubian Square, Roxbury, is a global community of more than 100 Clubhouse locations in 21 countries. Founded 28 years ago in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, The Clubhouse Network supports community-based Clubhouses around the world by providing start-up support, professional development, new technology innovations, evaluation and assessment, partnership opportunities, and access to an online community for youth, mentors, and staff. The Clubhouse Network also operates The Flagship Clubhouse in Nubian Square, Roxbury, a creative out-of-school learning environment where teens work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology. A free drop-in program, the Flagship Clubhouse engages youth in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math) activities in ways that are relevant and meaningful to them. It also serves as a model and “Flagship” site for the international Clubhouse community.
The Flagship Clubhouse Assistant Coordinator is responsible for providing support and assisting with managing daily activities within the Flagship Clubhouse in Nubian Square, Roxbury, so that it serves as a safe, creative learning environment for Clubhouse youth participants. This role entails connecting with youth and families within the community and surrounding areas, supporting youth in developing self-directed STEAM-rich projects based on their own ideas and interests, working with other Flagship staff and volunteer mentors, and developing collaborations with local community partners based on youth interests and community strengths. The Flagship Assistant Coordinator will maintain the program structure of the Flagship Clubhouse during operational hours, including in the absence of the Flagship Manager or C2C Pathways Coordinator. The Flagship Assistant Coordinator will also support the Flagship Girls Day Program, which is managed by the C2C Pathways Coordinator. Along with other Flagship staff, The Flagship Assistant Coordinator will be responsible for properly organizing and closing the Flagship Clubhouse towards the end of the day and ensuring members exit safely.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 15%: Develop a sense of community among a diverse group of Clubhouse participants, ensuring everyone feels welcome, supported, and encouraged to reach their full potential.
- 25%: Help youth develop projects, introducing new technology applications and supporting them in coming up with ideas, gathering materials, getting started, connecting with mentors and collaborators, and following through on their ongoing work.
- 15%: Support a “Girls’ Day” program that provides young women with STEAM-rich activities that are relevant and meaningful to them and encourages them to take on leadership roles in the Clubhouse.
- 10%: Support youth in planning for the future, including learning about and pursuing academic and job opportunities that leverage their Clubhouse skills and experience.
- 15%: Provide basic tech and administrative support for the Flagship Manager including basic computer maintenance; keeping records of participants, volunteers and equipment; keeping the Clubhouse space organized; and ensuring fiscal and operational integrity of the Clubhouse program.
- 10%: Play an active role in Flagship Clubhouse events, programs, and initiatives during operational hours.
- 5%: Support members of the Clubhouse Youth Leadership Council to provide youth voice in guiding the future of the Flagship Clubhouse and its place in the community.
- 5%: Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Interpersonal skills, including ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and work as part of a team.
- Organizational skills.
- Spanish language speaker desired.
- Social Media Skills
- Evidence of commitment to Clubhouse mission, including youth leadership, youth development, social justice action, and racial equity and inclusion.
- At least 1 year of experience working with youth, in particular young people from underserved neighborhoods.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with youth, parents, community leaders, and employers.
- Work experience in an informal learning environment.
- Evidence of interest in technology as a creative and empowering tool, including for music, art, video production, robotics, web development, computer game design, animation, and engineering.
- A passion for learning and helping others learn.
- Project management experience: ability to plan and execute in keeping with program expectations.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere), web design tools, and other design-based software preferred.
This position is part-time, 15-20 hrs weekly, Wednesday – Saturday
Work location is Nubian Square, Roxbury, Massachusetts
Flagship Clubhouse Manager, The Clubhouse Network
Non-Exempt (hourly). $20 – $25/hour, commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, and savings plan, professional development, direct deposit.
The Clubhouse Network is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. The Clubhouse Network actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone inquiries, please.