About The Clubhouse Network:
The Clubhouse Network, headquartered in Nubian Square, Roxbury, is a global community of more than 100 Clubhouse locations in 20 countries. Founded 27 years ago in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, The Clubhouse Network supports community-based Clubhouses around the world by providing start-up support, professional development, new technology innovations, evaluation and assessment, partnership opportunities, and access to an online community for youth, mentors, and staff. The Clubhouse Network also operates The Flagship Clubhouse, a creative out-of-school learning environment where teens work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology.
The Grants Administrator will provide financial and administrative oversight of various grants ensuring financial records are accurate and funds are distributed in a timely manner. They will manage overall grant budgets and also oversee the financial administration of all sub-awards. In particular, the Grants Administrator will work closely with the Clubhouse Network’s Mentor Program Manager to manage 10 sub-awards for a $2 million federal government grant – including reviewing and approving all reimbursement invoices, managing all budgets, and assisting with technical support.
They will also work closely with the Associate Director of Program Operations and the Finance Manager to manage passthrough sub-awards for all Best Buy-sponsored Clubhouses, including funding related to Program Operations, Construction, and Technology.
As The Clubhouse Network continues to apply for and receives additional grant funding, the Grants Administrator will play a key role in helping manage grant budgets and maintain accurate financial records.
- Working with TCN’s Mentor Program Manager, provide financial administration of 10 sub-awards for a federal Department of Justice grant, including reviewing, tracking, and approving payments; managing overall and individual sub-award budgets and re-forecasting as needed; and maintaining accurate and timely records in accordance with DOJ financial regulations.
- Maintain relationships with all sub-awardees and work closely with financial points of contact at each organization to ensure questions are addressed in a timely manner and any necessary assistance is provided.
- Manage, track, and process sub-award grant payments for 60+ Best Buy-sponsored Clubhouses based on milestones achieved.
- Manage annual “Tech Refresh & Retool” grant process – receiving proposals, working with review committee to determine award amounts, and notifying grant recipients.
- Working with Finance Manager, ensure all grant payments are accurately recorded in accounting system.
- Create grant financial reports on a regular basis to track budget and actual spending.
- Play an active role in TCN’s network-wide programs and initiatives, including Annual Conference, Biennial Teen Summit, racial equity initiatives, and all-staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Grant administration experience required, experience with government grants desired
- Strong computer, analytical and financial skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Experience managing partner relationships
- Familiarity with Quick Books Online and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Evidence of commitment to Clubhouse mission, including youth leadership, youth development, social justice action, and racial equity and inclusion
This position is full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday – Friday
Some travel required
Associate Director, Program Operations, The Clubhouse Network
Exempt (Salaried). $52,000 – $58,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, and savings plan, professional development, direct deposit, and much more!
The Clubhouse Network is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. The Clubhouse Network actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone inquiries, please.