Interested in youth, creative self-expression, and global community?
About The Clubhouse Network
The Clubhouse Network, headquartered in Nubian Square (formerly known as Dudley Square), Roxbury, is a global community of more than 100 Clubhouse locations in 20 countries. Founded 26 years ago in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, The Clubhouse Network supports community-based Clubhouses around the world by providing start-up support, professional development, new technology innovations, evaluation and assessment, partnership opportunities, and access to an online community for youth, mentors, and staff. The Clubhouse Network also operates The Flagship Clubhouse, a creative out-of-school learning environment where teens work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology.
The Clubhouse Network Professional Development Events Manager will be responsible for developing, planning, and overseeing implementation of the Clubhouse Network’s Annual Conference event, designing agenda, interacting with external vendors, arranging registration, greeting participants, handling inquiries and issues, managing budget, and ensuring that all the logistics are in place to ensure a smoothly run program. They will also organize and lead a week-long Clubhouse orientation program (3-4/year) for all new staff from around the world, as well as other events on behalf of The Clubhouse Network. They will also assess the professional development needs of the Clubhouse community and recommend resources and programs in response to those needs. Additionally, the Professional Development Manager will serve as geographic liaison to 15-20 community-based Clubhouses in a specific region, ensuring each site has the support it needs to meet quality standards of the Clubhouse learning model, and providing guidance as needed. In that capacity they will also provide support to new Clubhouses to ensure a strong start-up process and successful launch.
- Develop, plan, and oversee implementation of the Clubhouse Network’s Annual Conference event (a global gathering of Clubhouse staff that is held in a different city each year), designing agenda, interacting with external vendors, arranging registration, greeting participants, handling issues, managing budget, and ensuring that all the logistics are in place to ensure a smoothly run program (session design, materials preparation, hotel and restaurant reservations, transportation, conference room and meal arrangements, and other needs as required).
- Organize and lead Clubhouse Orientation program (3-4/year), supporting individual session facilitators to ensure professional development needs are met in a cohesive manner, assessing participant feedback to design improvements for future programs, and arranging so that all logistics are in place to ensure a smoothly run program.
- Assess the professional development needs of the Clubhouse community and recommend resources and programs in response to those needs.
- Plan and manage other Clubhouse events, as appropriate.
- Support approximately 15-20 community-based Clubhouses in a specific region, ensuring each site has the support it needs to meet quality standards of the Clubhouse learning model, and providing guidance through transitions at times of organizational change.
- Provide programmatic, administrative, and youth services support to new Clubhouses to ensure a strong start-up process and successful launch.
- Foster collaboration among Clubhouses in designated geographic region in order to facilitate the sharing of best practices, community-building, and a sustained mutual commitment to Clubhouse design principles.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Event management experience managing multiple project components with overlapping deadlines, on-time and on-budget.
- 2-3 years of experience with community-based organizations, in particular non-profit educational programs reaching youth from under-served communities.
- Evidence of commitment to Clubhouse mission, including youth leadership, youth development, social justice action, and racial equity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to influence and lead through collaboration.
- Ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities; excellent team-building and communication skills.
- Knowledge of traditions and community standards and practices across multiple cultures.
- Attention to detail; outstanding organizational skills.
This position is full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday – Friday.
Some travel required.
Senior Program Manager, Inclusion and Engagement, The Clubhouse Network
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, professional development, direct deposit, and much more!
The Clubhouse Network is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. The Clubhouse Network actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please.