Clubhouse-to-College/Clubhouse-to-Career (C2C) was developed to support Clubhouse Members in planning for the future and realizing their potential.
By leveraging the technology skills and experience they gain at The Clubhouse, the goal is to provide young people with the skills and knowledge needed to take an active role in ensuring their own success. C2C helps Clubhouse Members explore professional jobs and academic opportunities, and learn from people who have already succeeded in their careers.
- Ensuring Clubhouse youth are comfortable with technology and proficient in expressing themselves through professional software and hardware tools
- Creating positive attitudes toward learning and an increased interest in scholastic activities
- Achieving genuine interest in technology-related careers
- Increasing job readiness among Clubhouse youth, including increased placement in internships and jobs drawing on technology skills
- Supporting college placements, including attendance at colleges Clubhouse members would otherwise be unlikely to attend
EXAMPLES OF C2C ACTIVITIES
- Field trips to local companies and to local colleges and universities
- “Job shadows” at companies where youth can shadow an employee throughout the workday
- “Visiting technologist” days, in which The Clubhouse hosts visits from professionals who utilize technology in their careers
- Professional internship and job opportunities for Clubhouse Members
- Workshops in resume-writing, interviewing skills, goal setting, and educational planning
If you are interested in participating in the C2C program, either by offering a workshop or lending support to an activity, please contact the Clubhouse most appropriate to your location. If you are interested in learning more about Network-wide C2C partnership opportunities, Aviva Baff, C2C Pathways Program Manager.