Each Clubhouse is expected to contribute up to $1,000 USD (US Dollars) for each youth and adult participant. If a Clubhouse sends the full team of 3 youth members and 1 adult coordinator, the expected contribution is up to $4,000 USD for that Clubhouse. For Clubhouses not requiring air travel, the expected contribution is up to $750 USD/person. This fee helps The Clubhouse Network cover expenses such as airfare, food and housing, and Summit activities.
While fundraising to participate in Teen Summit may seem like a daunting task, with a little bit of hard work and dedication, Clubhouse members and coordinators can raise most–if not all–of the required registration fee. If your Clubhouse starts now and works together as a team, the fundraising process should run smoothly and end in success.
Below you’ll find a small selection of fundraising ideas.
- Create a crowdfunding page using GoFundMe or a similar fundraising platform! These web pages allow you to college money online and over social media. Check out this Clubhouse’s fundraising page from 2018.
- Familiarize yourself with Teen Summit. Anyone giving you money will want details. Read through all of the pages on this website so you can be prepared with answers.
- Ask clubs and organizations with which you’re affiliated. Many of these organizations have money to support these kinds of ventures.
- Ask local businesses for donations. Small businesses with community connections often want to support local youth.
- In-person – There’s no replacement for a personal request. If you’re comfortable, ask in person.
- Write letters. If you’re not comfortable speaking to people in-person, a handwritten or personalized letter can go a long way.
- Make phone calls. This is another way to make that personal connection and explain to someone how their donation will make a difference.
- Sell your skills. Activities such as babysitting and car washes can bring in lots of money. Be sure to ask for a fair hourly rate or flat fee.
- Sell products you’ve made. The Clubhouse gives you access to skills and tools to help you create products that people need and want. Speak to your coordinator for ideas.
- Don’t forget to say thank you. When someone makes a donation, they’re making a commitment. It’s important to express your gratitude.
- Download our Fundraising Toolkit
While we expect that each Clubhouse makes an effort to achieve the total fundraising goal, we do not want the cost to prevent anyone from attending the 2020 Teen Summit. If you have any questions or concerns related to fundraising, please contact your geographic liaison to further discuss.
Fundraising schedule is as follows: 25% due upon registration; 50% due on May 29, 2020; balance due July 10, 2020.