Our global community faces many challenges that require leadership from all people to create innovative solutions. Now, more than ever, we need youth voice and leadership to reimagine our world and rebuild a more equitable society. The Clubhouse Network is committed to supporting all Members and Alumni in their personal growth and leadership development journey. To this end, we are excited to offer two opportunities: Please consider applying for either a Youth Leadership Council Mini-Grant to launch or support ongoing community and leadership among your Clubhouse Members OR an Alumni Chapter Mini-Grant to keep your alumni learning, connected and engaged. Clubhouses may apply for one mini-grant opportunity only, up to $1,000.
- The Clubhouse Network defines a “member” as a young person, age 10 – 18, who attends The Clubhouse and has a signed and completed a membership agreement.
- The Clubhouse Network defines “alumni” as a Clubhouse member who has reached the age of 19 and therefore has “aged out” of programming for ages 10-18.
A Youth Leadership Council (YLC) can support young people’s personal leadership growth, as well as help ensure that youth voices are represented in a Clubhouse’s decision-making. When youth see themselves as leaders, they are more likely to take on leadership positions in their schools, in their communities, and around the world.
Eligibility and Timeline:
- Clubhouses must be in “good standing” and in compliance with the current Clubhouse Network license agreement.
- The Clubhouse should identify a point of contact for the mini-grant who is responsible for reporting requirements. The point of contact can be the CBO Representative, Clubhouse Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, or other Clubhouse staff member.
- Applications must be submitted by September 15, 2020. Decisions will be announced by the end of September 2020.
- Youth Leadership program activities should occur between October 2020 and June 2021.
Reporting requirements are due in July 2021.
- Download our Toolkit to learn how to start a Youth Leadership Council in your Clubhouse
- Review Application before Submitting (this will be a word document/worksheet containing the questions on the application)
- Once you’re ready, complete and submit your application
- Preview Interim Report
For more information about these opportunities, please reach out to Youth Leadership Program Manager, Christine Monska.